Stan

Default Insert symbol menu

Hi,

In MS-Word, if you click "insert - symbol" menu, a window pops up with
various symbols that you can insert into your workbook.
Is there a similar function in Excel?
Stan
Ron de Bruin

Hi Stan

I believe Excel 2002 is the first version that have this.

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Stan" wrote in message ...
Hi,

In MS-Word, if you click "insert - symbol" menu, a window pops up with
various symbols that you can insert into your workbook.
Is there a similar function in Excel?
Stan

tjtjjtjt

Here's an answer I took out of a previous post by Dave Peterson:
If you're using xl2002+, you could use Insert|Symbol (like in MSWord).

If you're using xl2k or below, you could use a nice addin from Chip Pearson:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm
(look for Symbolizer and make sure you get the correct version)

And you didn't ask, but if you need to know what's in the cell, get another
nice
addin from Chip:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CellView.htm

tj

"Stan" wrote:

Hi,

In MS-Word, if you click "insert - symbol" menu, a window pops up with
various symbols that you can insert into your workbook.
Is there a similar function in Excel?
Stan

Peo Sjoblom

It was introduced in excel 2002, for 97 and 2000 you can go here to Chip
Pearson's
site

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm

look for symbolize

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Stan" wrote:

Hi,

In MS-Word, if you click "insert - symbol" menu, a window pops up with
various symbols that you can insert into your workbook.
Is there a similar function in Excel?
Stan

Gord Dibben

Stan

That would depend upon which version of Excel you're running.

Excel 2002 and 2003 have the InsertSymbol.

Earlier version have not.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP