BareBamboo

Default Problems with Excel 2003 Help menu

I am trying to utilize the help in excel (it is actually the vb editor help)
and when I look up topics, a lot of the links do not work. For example... I
search for "loop" and it brings up a whole list of topics to look at, but
only about half of them work. I want to look at the topic titled "Looping
through code..." which I have looked at before on other computers but here it
will not go anywhere. It is like the link is dead. I have tried "fixing and
repairing" from the help menu but that didn't help. Has anyone else seen this
and does anyone have any suggestions to fix it? Thanks.
Jim Rech

Just a guess but when you run the Office 2003 installation program, under
Office Shared Features there is an option to install Visual Basic for
Applications/Visual Basic Help. I think that might not be selected by
default, so maybe you should re-run setup and check it out.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"BareBamboo" wrote in message
|I am trying to utilize the help in excel (it is actually the vb editor
help)
| and when I look up topics, a lot of the links do not work. For example...
| search for "loop" and it brings up a whole list of topics to look at, but
| only about half of them work. I want to look at the topic titled "Looping
| through code..." which I have looked at before on other computers but here
it
| will not go anywhere. It is like the link is dead. I have tried "fixing
and
| repairing" from the help menu but that didn't help. Has anyone else seen
this
| and does anyone have any suggestions to fix it? Thanks.

BareBamboo

That sounds exactly like what I want because some of the topics have "Visual
Basic for Applications" beside them. However, that feature was already
installed and even when I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, the same topics
do not function. It is like the help database is only half functional. It
just happens to be the half I would like to look at. Thanks.