Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Data Validation Combo box using Named Ranges

Hello, I am trying to follow the directions from...

using office 2007 but nothing I'm doing is working! I enabled the developer
tab and followed everything down to a tee but no luck. I finally downloaded
the sample and even it doesn't work the way its supposed to! Looked at the
code and it says option explicit at the very top. I do not know VB but im
guessing the code isn't working right. Does anyone know how to do this or a
site listing instructions for office 2007?

Tried doing searches for this but it seems like everywhere i look link back
to this same website!

Thanks in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The code is working fine for me in 2007.

First you must save the sample workbook as a macro-enabled file in 2007
which allows code to run if your security settings allow.

Check those settings in Developer TabMacro Security.

Allow to run with notofication or add the folder where the file is stored to
your "Trusted Locations".

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP