Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I keep my excel files in Excel 2003, not auto 2007

I loaded a trial version of excel 2007. I want to continue using 2003
instead of buying the full version, but my old spreadsheets keep
automatically changing to 2007.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Delete the trial version. Control Panel Unistall Programs Uninstall
XL2007 Trial Version.
Regards,
Alan.

"DorothyL" wrote in message
I loaded a trial version of excel 2007. I want to continue using 2003
instead of buying the full version, but my old spreadsheets keep
automatically changing to 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Don't you mean, that the files always opens in Excel 2007? On top of page it
says "Compatibility mode" doesn't it? That means that the files are still
Excel 2003 format, but opened in Excel 2007.

If you want to open files in the right version of Excel when double clicking
a file, please go to start - run and type:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Excel.exe" /Regserver

Please check that the path matches the one on your computer.

After running this, an Excel 2007 file (*.xlsx, *.xlsb and *.xlsm) will open
in Excel 2007, and an Excel 2003 file (*.xls) will open in Excel 2003.

But if you allready have Excel open when double clicking a file, it will
open in the active Excel, notmatter if the version is correct!!!!