Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I get a macro to opperate from a different sheet

I am tring to set up a macro on sheet 11 that will change values in sheet 13
of my work book. I have set up a button on sheet13 that transfers values from
1 range of cells to another range of cells. Is it posible to have the button
work from sheet 11 instead of sheet 13. This is the macro I have for sheet
13.

Thanks for your help
regards
Chris

Sub update()

ActiveSheet.Range("I20:I23").Copy
Range("F20").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
Application.CutCopyMode = False

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

untested, but give it a try

Worksheets(11).Range("I20:I23").Copy
worksheets(13).Range("F20").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
Application.CutCopyMode = False

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

"Chris" wrote in message
I am tring to set up a macro on sheet 11 that will change values in sheet
13
of my work book. I have set up a button on sheet13 that transfers values
from
1 range of cells to another range of cells. Is it posible to have the
button
work from sheet 11 instead of sheet 13. This is the macro I have for
sheet
13.

Thanks for your help
regards
Chris

Sub update()

ActiveSheet.Range("I20:I23").Copy
Range("F20").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
Application.CutCopyMode = False

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dear Chris,
Just add this,
Worksheets("Sheet13").Activate

and then you macro will be

Sub update()
Worksheets("Sheet13").Activate
ActiveSheet.Range("I20:I23").Copy
Range("F20").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
Application.CutCopyMode = False
End Sub

Regards

"Chris" wrote:

I am tring to set up a macro on sheet 11 that will change values in sheet 13
of my work book. I have set up a button on sheet13 that transfers values from
1 range of cells to another range of cells. Is it posible to have the button
work from sheet 11 instead of sheet 13. This is the macro I have for sheet
13.

Thanks for your help
regards
Chris

Sub update()

ActiveSheet.Range("I20:I23").Copy
Range("F20").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
Application.CutCopyMode = False

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Garry
Thanks for that, had to change it a little in the first part from
Worksheet(11) to Worksheet(13).

.