Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default HELP!! Unhide Sheet with Macro and focus on other sheet

I have 2 sheets in a workbook. I'd like one to be hidden, and then
have the user press a command button to run a macro to:

1. unhide the hidden sheet
2. Copy some cells on the hidden sheet to another location on the
hidden sheet
3. Rehide the sheet
4. Clear some cells on the remaining (un-hidden) sheet.

The code is below.
' Unhide the totals, copy NEW YTD to Curr YTD for next week start
Sheets("Depts and LW").Visible = True
Range("D9").Select
Range("H3").Select
Range("H3:I22").Select
Selection.Copy
Range("E3").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone,
SkipBlanks:= _
False, Transpose:=False

' Hide the YTD sheet
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Visible = False

' Activate Week Sheet and clear the data entered on the tracking sheet
Range("C3").Select
Range("B3:C22").Select
Selection.ClearContents

The problem is:
1. Sheet is unhidden, fine.
2. When the next line executes ( Range("D9").Select ) it is
selecting in the Original, UNhidden worksheet. (I added the Selec of
D9 when the select of H3 didn't work.

Can anyone HELP???? Please??? I am at a total loss here.

Thanks
Sara

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Miguel Zapico

You may use the "activate" method of the worksheet object in the code, to
ensure that the proper sheet is active. In this case, you may use:
Sheets("Depts and LW").Visible = True
Sheets("Depts and LW").Activate
Range("D9").Select

And then use it again befo
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Visible = False

To get back to the original sheet you want to hide (or even replace with
Sheets("Depts and LW").Visible = False)

Hope this helps,
Miguel.

" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

This line, modified to suit, should help...switch to the sheet you want
before selecting the range....

Sheets("Sheet3").Select

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3