Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default dates question

I know i can create autofill in Excel for dates, but I need to be able to
customize my dates. What I am wanting to do is create a list of dates that a
school is in session - and exclude all weekends and holidays/breaks.

I wrote a script for outlook that will add all these "days off reminders" in
our outlook calendar, but I need to generate a calendar that will show me
what (example) 50 days are from a set date minus all days off.

I was wondering if there was a simple way to do this, or if I can use my
script I created in Outlook in excel with little modification.

Or if there was something else i could use or do to get my end result.
THanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You've just described the WORKDAY function.
=Workday(Start_day, Number_of_days, Holidays)

If you want to "autofill" a list, and your range of holidays is in B:B, your
formula would be:
=WORKDAY(A1,1,B:B)

Or, 50 days out from today:
=WORKDAY(TODAY(),50,B:B)

Note that this formula is part of the Analysis ToolPak add-in.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Kim K" wrote:

I know i can create autofill in Excel for dates, but I need to be able to
customize my dates. What I am wanting to do is create a list of dates that a
school is in session - and exclude all weekends and holidays/breaks.

I wrote a script for outlook that will add all these "days off reminders" in
our outlook calendar, but I need to generate a calendar that will show me
what (example) 50 days are from a set date minus all days off.

I was wondering if there was a simple way to do this, or if I can use my
script I created in Outlook in excel with little modification.

Or if there was something else i could use or do to get my end result.
THanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

sorta making sense now! Here is what I have, spreadsheet with A1 which is
the date I want to figure 50 days from now. B1 thru whatever - all holidays
and days off.

In A2 - I type in the fx =WORKDAY(TODAY(),50,B:B) hit enter, and no matter
what date in A1 I type the return is always 4/23/10...........what am I doing
wrong?

Next question: This is a state compliance issue for special education, I
need to be able to have the secretaries calculate this date. Is there some
way to make this really simple for them (template) to just type in the start
date for the right corp. and get the correct result? I would like to have a
spreadheet for each district, with a cell labeled, higlighted or something so
that it is apparent to them that they know what cell to type in the start
date that the end result will appear (labled) here!