Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Copying Dates Question

I'm new to Excel and have a question.

I can type in a date like this: 3-mar-09. Ok, then I can click the
corner of the cell and copy that date to cell under that cell. However, it
add a day and becomes: 4-mar-09.

Is there any way to turn that off so I can type 3-mar-09 and copy that
cell exactly like that without excel adding days?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

To keep the same date, you will have to:
Use <Ctrl<C and <Ctrl<V; or
enter it in two cells directly below each other, say A1:A2. Now select both
cells, and then drag down as far as you want.

--
HTH

Kassie

Replace xxx with hotmail

"Von Fourche" wrote:

I'm new to Excel and have a question.

I can type in a date like this: 3-mar-09. Ok, then I can click the
corner of the cell and copy that date to cell under that cell. However, it
add a day and becomes: 4-mar-09.

Is there any way to turn that off so I can type 3-mar-09 and copy that
cell exactly like that without excel adding days?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Enter the date in A1

Right-click on the fill handle and drag dowm.

Release and "Copy Cells"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 5 Sep 2009 02:48:25 -0400, "Von Fourche"
wrote:

I'm new to Excel and have a question.

I can type in a date like this: 3-mar-09. Ok, then I can click the
corner of the cell and copy that date to cell under that cell. However, it
add a day and becomes: 4-mar-09.

Is there any way to turn that off so I can type 3-mar-09 and copy that
cell exactly like that without excel adding days?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Try right-click and drag, Kassie

A couple of steps easier.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 5 Sep 2009 00:26:01 -0700, Kassie wrote:

To keep the same date, you will have to:
Use <Ctrl<C and <Ctrl<V; or
enter it in two cells directly below each other, say A1:A2. Now select both
cells, and then drag down as far as you want.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Thanks gord, you see, you are never too old to learn something new!

--
HTH

Kassie

Replace xxx with hotmail

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Try right-click and drag, Kassie

A couple of steps easier.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 5 Sep 2009 00:26:01 -0700, Kassie wrote:

To keep the same date, you will have to:
Use <Ctrl<C and <Ctrl<V; or
enter it in two cells directly below each other, say A1:A2. Now select both
cells, and then drag down as far as you want.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Every day I learn something new and I'm getting pretty long in the tooth<g

These news groups are great.

Gord