Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Oracle Extract in Excel 2007 causes processor to run at 100%

I receive an excel file from our invtentory group that is an extract from
Oracle. The file has two tabs, if I navigate to a particular one my machine
is basically locked up for many minutes. The tab in question only has 5
columns and less than 50 rows. There must be something there I can't see.
Anyone have any ideas on what it is and how to get rid of it?

I'm running on a ThinkPad (Lenovo) T60p laptop. Intel Core Duo CPU T2500 @
2GHz, 2GB of Memory, Windows XP Professional, Version 2002 Service Pack 3
with Microsoft Office Excel 2007 SP2.

IF I'm able to get Task Manager up once Excel starts churning, it shows me
Excel has 50% of the machine. When it finishes doing what it's doing, just
clicking another cell will start it churning again.