Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Workbook links

I have a workbook that links to several others for daily data reports. When
I link a cell to the data workbook merged cell I get a #VALUE error in the
cell. The link reads ='[0227 Company 3.xls]Day'!$J$5:$J$6. If I delete the
":$J$6 " portion of the link it works fine. How can I fix this? It's taking
twice as long to set up my links when I have to remove that portion for each
hour of each day. Prior to updating to 2007 I didn't have this problem.
HELP?!?!?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you merge J5 and J6 you get one cell which is now J5

Refer to that cell only.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP