Jim

Default Workbook Links

I would like to simply find which cells in my spreadsheet have links to
another workbook. What can I do to identify the address of cells that have
links to an external workbook. Thanks, Jim
Dave Peterson

When I can't find links, I'll use Bill Manville's FindLink program:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

--

Dave Peterson
Barb R.

There's got to be an easier way than this, but I'd look for [ or ] in the
cells.

"Jim" wrote:

I would like to simply find which cells in my spreadsheet have links to
another workbook. What can I do to identify the address of cells that have
links to an external workbook. Thanks, Jim

JMB

Here's another macro that will find all external links in the workbook.

Sub FindLink()
Dim Report As Object
Set Report = Sheets.Add
Dim LinkList As Variant
Dim LinkPath As Variant

LinkList = ActiveWorkbook.LinkSources(xlExcelLinks)
If Not IsEmpty(LinkList) Then
For i = 1 To UBound(LinkList)
LinkPath = Split(LinkList(i), "\", -1, vbTextCompare)
For Each x In Worksheets
If x.Name < Report.Name Then
For Each y In x.UsedRange
If InStr(1, y.Formula, LinkPath(UBound(LinkPath)), vbTextCompare) 0
Then
Report.Select
ActiveCell.Value = x.Name & y.Address
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Value = LinkList(i)
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
End If
Next y
End If