Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Average if questions

I have an Excel 2003 spreadsheet set up like this:

Columns B-ZZ Row 1 contain various employee names. (1 employee per
column---Employee 1 is in column B, Employee 2 in column C, etc)
Row 3 contains each particular employee's location.
Row 4 contains each particular employee's department number.
Row 5 contains a date that a survey was completed.
Rows 6 - 22 contain the employee's rating for each of the 17 survey questions.

I'd like to set up another worksheet to calcuate the average responses for
each of the 17 questions by department and by location. There are 54
departments and 4 locations to choose from. Any help on setting up a formula
that will allow me to filter this way? Thank you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you getting your rows and columns mixed up? Excel 2003 only
supported 256 columns (out to column IV), so how can you have column
ZZ?

Normally you would arrange this data so that each row contains the
details of one employee, so that you would have 22 columns (going
across) and then however many rows that you need for your employees
going down.

Pete