Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Average if questions

A pivot table would be ideal for what you are wanting to do...

HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"hmsawyer" wrote:

I have an Excel 2003 spreadsheet set up like this:

Columns B-ZZ Row 1 contain various employee names. (1 employee per
column---Employee 1 is in column B, Employee 2 in column C, etc)
Row 3 contains each particular employee's location.
Row 4 contains each particular employee's department number.
Row 5 contains a date that a survey was completed.
Rows 6 - 22 contain the employee's rating for each of the 17 survey questions.

I'd like to set up another worksheet to calcuate the average responses for
each of the 17 questions by department and by location. There are 54
departments and 4 locations to choose from. Any help on setting up a formula
that will allow me to filter this way? Thank you in advance.