robin

Default Creating PDF's in Excel

Can you help me pin point what my problem is? I am not create pdfs in excel.
I click on the addin on my tool bar, it starts to create it but never
finishes. It jsut freeze on me. I installed updates for office in general and
it still doesnt work. I reinstalled excel but to no avail. I know it is excel
because I am able to create pdf's in other programs like PPT and Word, just
not excel. Can you help? I dont know what else to do.

Peo Sjoblom

That is not really an Excel problem, it is a problem of the add-in, if you
have Adobe you can use the printer driver and print to a pdf file, there used
to be a lot of problems with Adobe

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"robin" wrote:

"robin" wrote:

Can you help me pin point what my problem is? I have Acrobat 6.0 and Office 2003 on and XP computer. I am not create pdfs in excel2003. I click on the addin on my tool bar, it starts to create it but never
finishes. It jsut freeze on me. I installed updates for office in general and
it still doesnt work. I reinstalled excel but to no avail. I know it is excel
because I am able to create pdf's in other programs like PPT and Word, just
not excel. Can you help? I dont know what else to do.

robin

what do you mean print? I dont want to print it. I want to email it to
several people. Even if I open Adobe and try to create it from there, it
still freezes. I dont understand how it could be the add in if when I open
the adobe program and try to create the file there it does the same thing.
But the addin in Word or PowerPoint will work. Can you help me understand
that?

"robin" wrote:

"robin" wrote:

Can you help me pin point what my problem is? I have Acrobat 6.0 and Office 2003 on and XP computer. I am not create pdfs in excel2003. I click on the addin on my tool bar, it starts to create it but never
finishes. It jsut freeze on me. I installed updates for office in general and
it still doesnt work. I reinstalled excel but to no avail. I know it is excel
because I am able to create pdf's in other programs like PPT and Word, just
not excel. Can you help? I dont know what else to do.

Gord Dibben

robin

What application are you using to create the PDF files?

Adobe Acrobat or other?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 10 May 2005 11:16:06 -0700, "robin"
wrote:

Can you help me pin point what my problem is? I am not create pdfs in excel.
I click on the addin on my tool bar, it starts to create it but never
finishes. It jsut freeze on me. I installed updates for office in general and
it still doesnt work. I reinstalled excel but to no avail. I know it is excel
because I am able to create pdf's in other programs like PPT and Word, just
not excel. Can you help? I dont know what else to do.

Peo Sjoblom

I didn't say print to paper I said print to file, I believe Adobe Acrobat
installs a couple of files, it installs a very buggy add-in that has been
known for years to create problems in Excel and also something called
distiller that you can print to (thus getting a pdf file)

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"robin" wrote:

"robin" wrote:

Can you help me pin point what my problem is? I have Acrobat 6.0 and Office 2003 on and XP computer. I am not create pdfs in excel2003. I click on the addin on my tool bar, it starts to create it but never
finishes. It jsut freeze on me. I installed updates for office in general and
it still doesnt work. I reinstalled excel but to no avail. I know it is excel
because I am able to create pdf's in other programs like PPT and Word, just
not excel. Can you help? I dont know what else to do.

Gord Dibben

robin

I have never used AA so can't speak for it with much knowledge.

What I do believe, is that you don't just "create" a PDF file with AA.

You "print" to a PDF file which is then attached or inserted into the email.

I don't know what your problem is or the method you are using.

Check out this google search result on PDF's and AA 6.0 including other apps
which do the job well.

http://snipurl.com/ekhf

Maybe also do a google search on PDF and AA to get more threads.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 10 May 2005 13:06:01 -0700, "robin"
wrote:

Acrobat 6.0