Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I change Excel default number?

Recently upgrade to Excel 2007. When I type in 125000 and press enter key it
changes to 12.5 and when I type in 5000 it gives me 0.5 My question is how
do I change to setup so that what ever I typed in it stay that way? Thank
you for your help in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Office button (large round, top left)Excel OptionsAdvanced tabUncheck
"Automatically insert a decimal point"

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"PatrickR" wrote in message
Recently upgrade to Excel 2007. When I type in 125000 and press enter key
it
changes to 12.5 and when I type in 5000 it gives me 0.5 My question is
how
do I change to setup so that what ever I typed in it stay that way? Thank
you for your help in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In Excel 2003 it is Tools/ Options/ Edit/ Fixed Decimal places
Converting 2003 to 2007, the equivalent of Tools/ Options is Office/ Excel
Options.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...100870371033#3
--
David Biddulph