DJMLLC

Default How do I change the default number format in Excel?

I want to know if it is possible to select a different default number format
in Excel 2003 so that it will apply automatically when I open a new workbook.
Dave Peterson

Create a new workbook.

Change the normal style to what you want.
format|style|select normal|click modify
change the number format

Save this file as book.xlt in your XLStart folder.

Excel will use that template file for any new workbook.

Be aware that dates are numbers, too and you'll be affecting those.

I don't think I'd do this.

--

Dave Peterson