Bluesy69

Default can excel change number 1532 to 1235 running order

I need help in excel,formatting of numbers. Example 1548,6981,1032,6710 to
display in excel in order preferences as 1458,1689,0123,0167. Thank you.
Peo Sjoblom

Not possible

Peo Sjoblom

"Bluesy69" wrote in message
I need help in excel,formatting of numbers. Example 1548,6981,1032,6710 to
display in excel in order preferences as 1458,1689,0123,0167. Thank you.

Alan

"Bluesy69" wrote in message

I need help in excel,formatting of numbers. Example
1548,6981,1032,6710 to display in excel in order preferences as
1458,1689,0123,0167. Thank you.

Hi,

I almost got to a totally generic solution for you, but I ran out of
time.

This assumes that each number is four digits long, but only the last
part {1000;100;10;1} makes that assumption and I imagine that would be
easy to fix to generalise totally.

Anyway, try this:

{=MMULT(TRANSPOSE(SMALL(VALUE(MID(TEXT(A1,"@"),ROW (INDIRECT("1:"&LEN(T
EXT(A1,"@")))),1)),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&LEN(TEXT(A1," @")))))),{1000;100;1
0;1})}

Enter as an array formula.

HTH,

Alan.

Bluesy69

Thank you Peo for the prompt answer.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Not possible

Peo Sjoblom

"Bluesy69" wrote in message
I need help in excel,formatting of numbers. Example 1548,6981,1032,6710 to
display in excel in order preferences as 1458,1689,0123,0167. Thank you.

Kassie

Hi Alan,

Your formula stops at the first occurence of ("1:"&LEN(TEXT(A1,"@")))),
indicating that there is an error in the formula. Maybe you should recheck
it?

"Alan" wrote:

"Bluesy69" wrote in message

I need help in excel,formatting of numbers. Example
1548,6981,1032,6710 to display in excel in order preferences as
1458,1689,0123,0167. Thank you.

Hi,

I almost got to a totally generic solution for you, but I ran out of
time.

This assumes that each number is four digits long, but only the last
part {1000;100;10;1} makes that assumption and I imagine that would be
easy to fix to generalise totally.

Anyway, try this:

{=MMULT(TRANSPOSE(SMALL(VALUE(MID(TEXT(A1,"@"),ROW (INDIRECT("1:"&LEN(T
EXT(A1,"@")))),1)),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&LEN(TEXT(A1," @")))))),{1000;100;1
0;1})}

Enter as an array formula.

HTH,

Alan.

Alan

"Kassie" wrote in message

Hi Alan,

Your formula stops at the first occurence of
("1:"&LEN(TEXT(A1,"@")))), indicating that there is an error in the
formula. Maybe you should recheck it?

Hi Kassie,

It looks okay to me.

Perhaps it has a problem with a specific input in A1?

If you highlight a section of the formula in the formula bar such as
("1:"&LEN(TEXT(A1,"@"))) it should evaluate just that section of the
formula allowing you to debug for whatever is causing it to error.

That particular section shoudl evaluate to "1:4" as an example (if you
put a four digit number in A1).

I am not at a PC with excel right now, so I cannot try it, but I have
to admit I only tested it on 4 digit numbers so there could be a
problem with longer or shorter ones.

HTH,

Alan.

Kassie

I tried it with 1325 in Column A, but as I said, when array entering, it
comes up with an error, and highlights the TEXT portion. I don't know this
formula at all, so I abide by your superior knowledge. Since I copied and
pasted, I don't see how I could have made an error on my side. Maybe just
check it on Excel when you get a chance

"Alan" wrote:

"Kassie" wrote in message

Hi Alan,

Your formula stops at the first occurence of
("1:"&LEN(TEXT(A1,"@")))), indicating that there is an error in the
formula. Maybe you should recheck it?

Hi Kassie,

It looks okay to me.

Perhaps it has a problem with a specific input in A1?

If you highlight a section of the formula in the formula bar such as
("1:"&LEN(TEXT(A1,"@"))) it should evaluate just that section of the
formula allowing you to debug for whatever is causing it to error.

That particular section shoudl evaluate to "1:4" as an example (if you
put a four digit number in A1).

I am not at a PC with excel right now, so I cannot try it, but I have
to admit I only tested it on 4 digit numbers so there could be a
problem with longer or shorter ones.

HTH,

Alan.

Peo Sjoblom

You can use this

=TEXT(MMULT(TRANSPOSE(SMALL(--MID(A1,ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&LEN(A1))),1),ROW(INDIRECT ("1:"&LEN(A1))))),{1000;100;10;1}),REPT(0,LEN(A1)) )

it needs to be in text format otherwise a number like 100 will be returned
as 1, however if you always have 4 digit numbers you can use

=MMULT(TRANSPOSE(SMALL(--MID(A1,ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&LEN(A1))),1),ROW(INDIRECT ("1:"&LEN(A1))))),{1000;100;10;1})

then a custom format like 0000

Peo Sjoblom