Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Identifying new records

How do I identify new records within worksheets that are often updated? I
received updated worksheets with thousands of records but only a handful are
new records. I am not trying to identify just the duplicate records but only
the new ones as compared to the old worksheets. What I have done in the past
was combine the old and new versions of the worksheets and try to sort
through the combined worksheet to identify just the new records, a very
involved task when there are thousands of records. Any short cuts? Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you have two versions of the workbook..........1 original and 1 updated

The add-in, Compare.xla written by Myrna Larson and Bill Manville, allows
you to compare the contents of two workbooks and highlight differences.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/whatsnew.htm

Look for Compare.xla at 14-June-2000

Download Compare.ZIP, unzip Compare.xla and add it with rest of your your
add-ins.

On Tools Menu, select add-ins and check in (tick in)Compare Worksheets.
From tools menu then select Compare Sheets and follow instructions.

Changes will be written to a new workbook for perusal.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP