Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett[_2_] Don Guillett[_2_] is offline

Default Identifying new records

You could use a macro to look at each entry in the shortest list to FIND in
the longer list. If not there, copy...

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Hunginbk" wrote in message
How do I identify new records within worksheets that are often updated? I
received updated worksheets with thousands of records but only a handful
are
new records. I am not trying to identify just the duplicate records but
only
the new ones as compared to the old worksheets. What I have done in the
past
was combine the old and new versions of the worksheets and try to sort
through the combined worksheet to identify just the new records, a very
involved task when there are thousands of records. Any short cuts? Thanks