Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Automatically Move Entire Row to Different worksheet

Good Morning,

After reviewing the postings similar to my need I haven't quite found the
help I've needed...So here's my question

I have two worksheets "Open issues" & "Closed Issues", Using the "Open
issue", sheet if the Value in Column "A" is changed to "Closed" I'd then like
that entire row automatically moved to next empty row in the "Closed Issues"
sheet...

Thanks In Advance,
George
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

open issues sheetRight click sheet tabview codeinsert this
Now, whenever you type closed in col A the row will be moved

If Target.Column < 1 Then Exit Sub
Application.EnableEvents = False
If LCase(Target) = "closed" Then
With Sheets("closed issues")
lr = .Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row + 1
Target.EntireRow.Cut Destination:=.Cells(lr, 1)
End With
End If
Application.EnableEvents = True

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"George" wrote in message
Good Morning,

After reviewing the postings similar to my need I haven't quite found the
help I've needed...So here's my question

I have two worksheets "Open issues" & "Closed Issues", Using the "Open
issue", sheet if the Value in Column "A" is changed to "Closed" I'd then
like
that entire row automatically moved to next empty row in the "Closed
Issues"
sheet...

Thanks In Advance,
George

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Option Compare Text
Dim rng1 As Range
Dim rng2 As Range
Set rng1 = Target.EntireRow
Set rng2 = Worksheets("Closed Issues").Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp) _
.Offset(1, 0)
If Target.Column = 1 Then
On Error GoTo endit
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Target.Value = "Closed" Then
With rng1
.Copy Destination:=rng2
End With
endit:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 07:52:01 -0800, George
wrote:

Good Morning,

After reviewing the postings similar to my need I haven't quite found the
help I've needed...So here's my question

I have two worksheets "Open issues" & "Closed Issues", Using the "Open
issue", sheet if the Value in Column "A" is changed to "Closed" I'd then like
that entire row automatically moved to next empty row in the "Closed Issues"
sheet...

Thanks In Advance,
George

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank You Gents, They work great I just have two small issues...
When row is deleted from the "Open Issues" sheet it leaves an empty row I
don't need
Secondly, When the row is placed in the "Closed issues" sheet its inserted
at the top and I'd like it to be inserted at the botton.

Thanks Again

"George" wrote:

Good Morning,

After reviewing the postings similar to my need I haven't quite found the
help I've needed...So here's my question

I have two worksheets "Open issues" & "Closed Issues", Using the "Open
issue", sheet if the Value in Column "A" is changed to "Closed" I'd then like
that entire row automatically moved to next empty row in the "Closed Issues"
sheet...

Thanks In Advance,
George

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think, in both cases, that the data is moved to the last available row +1
and the old row is DELETED.

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"George" wrote:

Good Morning,

After reviewing the postings similar to my need I haven't quite found the
help I've needed...So here's my question

I have two worksheets "Open issues" & "Closed Issues", Using the "Open
issue", sheet if the Value in Column "A" is changed to "Closed" I'd then
like
that entire row automatically moved to next empty row in the "Closed
Issues"
sheet...

Thanks In Advance,
George

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

With my code the row is copied to next available blank row in Closed Issues
then original row deleted with no empty row left behind.

Don's code leaves an empty row due to

Target.EntireRow.Cut Destination:=.Cells(lr, 1)

Gord

"George" wrote:

Good Morning,

After reviewing the postings similar to my need I haven't quite found the
help I've needed...So here's my question

I have two worksheets "Open issues" & "Closed Issues", Using the "Open
issue", sheet if the Value in Column "A" is changed to "Closed" I'd then like
that entire row automatically moved to next empty row in the "Closed Issues"
sheet...

Thanks In Advance,
George

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Gord is correct. If using mine change to

If Target.Column < 1 Then Exit Sub
Application.EnableEvents = False
If LCase(Target) = "closed" Then
With Sheets("sheet8")
lr = .Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row + 1
Target.EntireRow.Copy Destination:=.Cells(lr, 1)
Target.EntireRow.Delete