Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Macro for floating button

I created a macro and assigned it to a form button in excel 2007. What I
would like if for this button to move (up or down) the same direction that
I'm scrolling. Is this possibly?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Place the button in row 1 then freeze panes.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 08:12:04 -0800, Gilbert
wrote:

I created a macro and assigned it to a form button in excel 2007. What I
would like if for this button to move (up or down) the same direction that
I'm scrolling. Is this possibly?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

An alternative is to put the button on a custom toolbar, since toolbars are
easy to float.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200909

wrote:

I created a macro and assigned it to a form button in excel 2007. What I
would like if for this button to move (up or down) the same direction that
I'm scrolling. Is this possibly?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Put it on a modeless userform. Or onto the ribbon.

HTH. Bst wishes Harald

"Gilbert" wrote in message
I created a macro and assigned it to a form button in excel 2007. What I
would like if for this button to move (up or down) the same direction that
I'm scrolling. Is this possibly?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If all your users are running xl2k or higher, you can add a parm on the .show
statement.

UserForm1.Show False

See VBA's help for more info.

"Gilbert" wrote in message
I created a macro and assigned it to a form button in excel 2007. What I
would like if for this button to move (up or down) the same direction that
I'm scrolling. Is this possibly?

.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Actually, excel's VBA has its own constants for use with .Show.

Constant Value Description
vbModal 1 UserForm is modal. Default.
vbModeless 0 UserForm is modeless.

So I should have suggested:
UserForm1.Show vbmodeless

(False will be treated as 0, so it'll work, but it's less descriptive.)