-   -   Macro for floating button (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/254013-macro-floating-button.html)

GILBERT

Macro for floating button

I created a macro and assigned it to a form button in excel 2007. What I
would like if for this button to move (up or down) the same direction that
I'm scrolling. Is this possibly?

Gord Dibben

Macro for floating button

Place the button in row 1 then freeze panes.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 08:12:04 -0800, Gilbert
wrote:

I created a macro and assigned it to a form button in excel 2007. What I
would like if for this button to move (up or down) the same direction that
I'm scrolling. Is this possibly?

Gary''s Student

Macro for floating button

An alternative is to put the button on a custom toolbar, since toolbars are
easy to float.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200909

wrote:

I created a macro and assigned it to a form button in excel 2007. What I
would like if for this button to move (up or down) the same direction that
I'm scrolling. Is this possibly?

.

Harald Staff[_2_]

Macro for floating button

Put it on a modeless userform. Or onto the ribbon.

HTH. Bst wishes Harald

"Gilbert" wrote in message
I created a macro and assigned it to a form button in excel 2007. What I
would like if for this button to move (up or down) the same direction that
I'm scrolling. Is this possibly?

GILBERT

Macro for floating button

I apologize for not responding sooner but I still wanted to thank you for
your suggestion.

wrote:

I created a macro and assigned it to a form button in excel 2007. What I
would like if for this button to move (up or down) the same direction that
I'm scrolling. Is this possibly?

.

GILBERT

Macro for floating button

I apologize for not responding sooner but I still wanted to thank you for
your suggestion. But how can I make the toolbar float in 2007?

wrote:

I created a macro and assigned it to a form button in excel 2007. What I
would like if for this button to move (up or down) the same direction that
I'm scrolling. Is this possibly?

.

GILBERT

Macro for floating button

I apologize for not responding sooner but I still wanted to thank you for
your suggestion. I'm not familiar with modeless userform, how do I use that?

"Gilbert" wrote in message
I created a macro and assigned it to a form button in excel 2007. What I
would like if for this button to move (up or down) the same direction that
I'm scrolling. Is this possibly?

.

Dave Peterson

Macro for floating button

If all your users are running xl2k or higher, you can add a parm on the .show
statement.

UserForm1.Show False

See VBA's help for more info.

"Gilbert" wrote in message
I created a macro and assigned it to a form button in excel 2007. What I
would like if for this button to move (up or down) the same direction that
I'm scrolling. Is this possibly?

.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Macro for floating button

Actually, excel's VBA has its own constants for use with .Show.

Constant Value Description
vbModal 1 UserForm is modal. Default.
vbModeless 0 UserForm is modeless.

So I should have suggested:
UserForm1.Show vbmodeless

(False will be treated as 0, so it'll work, but it's less descriptive.)