Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Floating button

On sheet one I have a large number of entries that are all hyperlinked to
somewhere on sheet two
On sheet two I have a button that when clicked returns me to sheet one.
The problem is that when I click on a hyperlink one sheet, I do go to the
proper location on sheet two BUT..the RETURN button is NOT visible(somewhere
of the viewing area.
How can I make that button appear close to where the hyperlink took me

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

Not sure .. but perhaps just use/click on the "back" button on the web*
toolbar will provide the desired functionality.

*Click View Toolbars Web, then just position the toolbar as desired.
--
Max
Singapore
"pcor" wrote:
On sheet one I have a large number of entries that are all hyperlinked to
somewhere on sheet two
On sheet two I have a button that when clicked returns me to sheet one.
The problem is that when I click on a hyperlink one sheet, I do go to the
proper location on sheet two BUT..the RETURN button is NOT visible(somewhere
of the viewing area.
How can I make that button appear close to where the hyperlink took me

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

Sorry, I'm out of ideas to offer you.
Hang around awhile for possible insights from others.
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---
"pcor" wrote in message
Thanks but it don't work

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Sorry, my earlier suggestion may not have been as clear as it could have been.

Select an appropriate cell on the worksheet (say C3) and then select
Windows¦Freeze Panes from the Command Menu. All cells above and to the left
of this point (in this instance A1:B2) will then remain fixed in place
wherever you move to on the sheet. Consequently, anything that you place in
(or on) these cells, including your command button, will always remain
visible.

"pcor" wrote:

On sheet one I have a large number of entries that are all hyperlinked to
somewhere on sheet two
On sheet two I have a button that when clicked returns me to sheet one.
The problem is that when I click on a hyperlink one sheet, I do go to the
proper location on sheet two BUT..the RETURN button is NOT visible(somewhere
of the viewing area.
How can I make that button appear close to where the hyperlink took me

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Even running a macro after going to the page the BACK button
or Alt+arrowleft (just like on your browser) worked in my little test,
it returns you to the cell that invoked the hyperlink.

Worked for both an object hyperlink (Ctrl+K) insert hyperlink
and for a formula hyperlink =HYPERLINK("#sheet89!D14","abc")
Even ran a simple macro after landing on the destination.

If you do install the toolbar buttons for BACK and FORWARD they
will show Green if the link is active and gray if not. You can use
that as an indication as to when you lose the ability and can tells us
what you did when you lost the back or forward link.

---
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel