Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table- Column 2 sort

How can I sort a Pivot Table by the 2nd (or any other) column? I've selected
a cell and hit the A-Z Z-A Sort button, but it only works on column 1.
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Right click on the column and select Field Settings | Advanced to access the
sort options...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"srpd" wrote:

How can I sort a Pivot Table by the 2nd (or any other) column? I've selected
a cell and hit the A-Z Z-A Sort button, but it only works on column 1.
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Difficult to answer without knowing the structure of your underlying data and
what, exactly, is in the Pivot Table but try this: if the second column
reads, for example, South, North, East, West (going down the column) just
type in East where South is and see what happens.

"srpd" wrote:

How can I sort a Pivot Table by the 2nd (or any other) column? I've selected
a cell and hit the A-Z Z-A Sort button, but it only works on column 1.
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm in Excel 2007. Right clicking on Field Settings brings up
Subtotals&Filters and Layout&Print but not an Advanced option. Is there
another way to get there? Is this an add-in or permission based? Thanks for
your help.