Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Multi-column Sort in Pivot table

Using Excel 2009:

I'm trying to resolve how to sort by the second row field in my Pivot table.

In the field properties, the first field (ID) is set to Sort Manually, the
second field (Fruit) is set to Sort Ascending. I keep getting the result
below:

ID Fruit Value
2 Cherries 50
3 Apples 75

What I really want is to sort by the Fruit field without rearranging the
fields (the ID is a serial number not a rank) to get the result below:

ID Fruit Value
3 Apples 75
2 Cherries 50

Thanks,