Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Pdek

Default Excel 97 vs. Excel 2002

What's the difference between Excel 1997 and Excel 2002 (in brief).
Is there a way to save a 2002 version file so it won't open in 1997 version
program?
Specific context:
I have a 2002 file that doesn't allow users to access protected cells.
This is essential for the file to work as designed.
When I open it in a 1997 version almost everything seems to work correctly,
except
that the users can access protected cells. Which f's everything up
completely!
I'd rather they weren't able to open it in 1997 version.
Also when I save it it in 1997 it sometimes turns off the conditional
formatting
which is only 90% as bad as the above problem.
Thanks for any help.
--
Pete