Help IN Nebraska.

Default Excel 2002 not working

I needed to reboot my Office 2002 that came with my Dell computer, Windows
XP. Though the other office programs are there, MS Excel is not. I cannot
open any of my existing Excel documents. Please help??
Gord Dibben

How did you "reboot" Office 2002?

Perhaps you mean "re-install"?

Have your CD handy then go to StartSettingsControl PanelAdd/Remove
Programs.

Scroll down to Office 2002 and "Change".

Follow your nose to "Add or remove features"

Make sure Excel is checked for installation(including VBA and Help
components).

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 16:27:05 -0800, "Help IN Nebraska." <Help IN
wrote:

I needed to reboot my Office 2002 that came with my Dell computer, Windows
XP. Though the other office programs are there, MS Excel is not. I cannot
open any of my existing Excel documents. Please help??

Jack in the UK

If you have office Excel will be there I can not see why Excel has just
vanished the icons and start menu could be disjointed. I would first
suggest searching the hard drive use windows search for the Excel10.exe
file which will kind of give it away or try as a quick fix try under
Help | Detect and repair.

Just have a feeling the file association might be dropped and excel is
still sitting the

Try right clicking the Excel file and click properties the pop up will
show the association ie excel… this you can change with the change
button and see if excel is there.

Jack

--
Jack in the UK