Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default excel information

I am looking for information to see if it possible to change the color of a
number in a cell if that numbers value is less than another number. Example
if I post a three in cell a4 and it is a three and it is less that 4 can that
three show up in red rather than black
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
i think you are talking about conditional formating. read up on conditional
formating in excel help. also see this site.
http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html

regards
FSt1

"rddodge1" wrote:

I am looking for information to see if it possible to change the color of a
number in a cell if that numbers value is less than another number. Example
if I post a three in cell a4 and it is a three and it is less that 4 can that
three show up in red rather than black

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See help on Conditional Formatting

But basically select A4 and formatcfcell value is: Less than 4

Format the font to Red color.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP