Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Excel Updateing Information

I have a table with field headings of days of the week and dates
In each column I enter numbers or text of what is happening on that day
I can get the headings to change automatically using =Today() in the first
cell but then I have to manually Copy and Paste the rest of the data
Is there a way I can get this to happen as the date changes

Thanks for any help
--
JohnM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

my atble is set out
mon/tue/wed/thu/fri/sat/sun
date
then info for each day

When the date changes it becomes
tue/wed/thur/fri/sat/sun/mon
the dates move accordingly
the information for each day however has to be moved manually

--
JohnM

"JohnM" wrote:

I have a table with field headings of days of the week and dates
In each column I enter numbers or text of what is happening on that day
I can get the headings to change automatically using =Today() in the first
cell but then I have to manually Copy and Paste the rest of the data
Is there a way I can get this to happen as the date changes

Thanks for any help
--
JohnM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi John

If you made A1 hold the date then enter in B1
=$A$1+COLUMN()-2
Copy this across through C1:H1 and format cells Custom ddd
This will provide the days of the week, relative to the date entered in A1

Then each time you want to move things across, Insert a new column at B, and
copy C1 to B1
Record a macro as you do this, then run it whenever you need.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"JohnM" wrote:

I have a table with field headings of days of the week and dates
In each column I enter numbers or text of what is happening on that day
I can get the headings to change automatically using =Today() in the
first
cell but then I have to manually Copy and Paste the rest of the data
Is there a way I can get this to happen as the date changes

Thanks for any help
--
JohnM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thankyou for that but I still ahve the same problem - I am not explaining
properly - I shall try better
My table looks

Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
1/8 2/8 3/8 4/8 5/8

Boat Heli Heli
1 2 1

I can get the Day and Date to move put this what happens

Tue Wed Thu Fri sat
2/8 3/8 4/8 8/8 6/8
Boat Heli Heli
1 2 1

The information should show No Boat and the Heli's on 2 & 4/8

I hope that is clearer
--
JohnM