Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
omollee

Default Excel - Information pop-ups

I am having a very hard time trying top figure out how to make 'tips' pop-up
when you have the mouse over a cell. I dont want to use "comments" because
they have that big arrow and are attached to the corner of the box an also
have that indicator. I have seen a file that the text just pops up in a box
near the cell, and can be moved around etc. With this text, if you have the
office assistant in the assistant says the text rather then the text
appearing in a box. I know this probably sounds confusing, but thats probably
because i'm so frustrated, i've spent all morning tryign to figure this out!
--
OmOlLeE
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

Hi!

You can use data validation to do this but it requires that you actually
select the cell to see the pop-up message rather than just a mouse over.

Select the cell in question.
Goto DataValidation
Click the Input message tab
Fill it in, click OK
There's a limit to the length of the message, I think it's 255 characters.

Biff