Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default importing numeric data

Every time I open a file with numeric data (in scientific notation) from
another program, the decimal place gets moved.
Ex: 1.04465E-2 (or 0.014465) becomes 1.04465E2 (or 104.465)
Is there any way to stop the changing of the sign?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can you open the other program output in Notepad and tell us what you see?
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"slapshot26" wrote in message
Every time I open a file with numeric data (in scientific notation) from
another program, the decimal place gets moved.
Ex: 1.04465E-2 (or 0.014465) becomes 1.04465E2 (or 104.465)
Is there any way to stop the changing of the sign?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In the opened the problematic WB have a look at 'Tools' 'Options' 'Edit'
tab 'Fixed Decimal point'.
If it is checked - un-check it.
Micky