Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default convert text to numbers

Have copied and pasted a column of numbers to an excel 2003 worksheet. When I
try to sum then I get a zero as the sum. Have tried to use the =Value(A1)
formula to read to the next col as a number but get the #VALUE! Error. Must
be an easy way to do this, any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This trick sometimes works
Click an empty cell and use Copy
Select the problem values and use Edit | Paste Special with Add specified
Performing a mathematical operation (adding zero) can sometimes cohere the
text back to numbers
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme