-   -   convert text to numbers (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/252584-convert-text-numbers.html)

Gary B

convert text to numbers

Have copied and pasted a column of numbers to an excel 2003 worksheet. When I
try to sum then I get a zero as the sum. Have tried to use the =Value(A1)
formula to read to the next col as a number but get the #VALUE! Error. Must
be an easy way to do this, any ideas?

Bernard Liengme[_2_]

convert text to numbers

This trick sometimes works
Click an empty cell and use Copy
Select the problem values and use Edit | Paste Special with Add specified
Performing a mathematical operation (adding zero) can sometimes cohere the
text back to numbers
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme