Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Contents

How do I set up a formula so that if a cell contains certain txt, then the
cell I'm in will display certain text?

For Example, I'm entering the formula in C5, if B5 contains the word
"Assembly" anywhere in it, then I want C5 to say Assembly, otherwise I want
it to copy B5.

Any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=if(countif(b5,"*"&"assembly"&"*")0,"Assembly",b5 )
or
=if(isnumber(search("assembly",b5)),"Assembly",b5)

=search() ignores upper/lower case.

Use =Find() if case is important.

(=countif() ignores case, too.)

--