Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default VBA Code User Range Selection

I have a current VBA and I would like to extend it to do the following after
the last command:-
allow a user to select a un pretermined range for deletion (could be any
number of coumns and rows) and for the macro to delete that range and either
restart the macro to continue with it's next command or alternatively to stop
via perhaps a message box instruction for the user .

--
hopalong
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Try this, when the input box pops up simply drag to select a range

Set deleterange = Application.InputBox(prompt:="Select a range of cells",
Type:=8)

Mike

"jimbo" wrote:

I have a current VBA and I would like to extend it to do the following after
the last command:-
allow a user to select a un pretermined range for deletion (could be any
number of coumns and rows) and for the macro to delete that range and either
restart the macro to continue with it's next command or alternatively to stop
via perhaps a message box instruction for the user .

--
hopalong

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mike hi thanks for replying. Your suggestion works fine up to displaying a
message box and allows the user to select the range. However if the user
selects OK in the message box is does not delete the selected range. Can you
help further?

Many thanks
--
hopalong

"jimbo" wrote:

I have a current VBA and I would like to extend it to do the following after
the last command:-
allow a user to select a un pretermined range for deletion (could be any
number of coumns and rows) and for the macro to delete that range and either
restart the macro to continue with it's next command or alternatively to stop
via perhaps a message box instruction for the user .

--
hopalong

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Like this

Set DeleteRange = Application.InputBox(prompt:="Select a range of cells",
Type:=8)
DeleteRange.ClearContents

Mike

"jimbo" wrote:

I have a current VBA and I would like to extend it to do the following after
the last command:-
allow a user to select a un pretermined range for deletion (could be any
number of coumns and rows) and for the macro to delete that range and either
restart the macro to continue with it's next command or alternatively to stop
via perhaps a message box instruction for the user .

--
hopalong

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mike thanks for your support works great.

--
hopalong

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Like this

"jimbo" wrote:

I have a current VBA and I would like to extend it to do the following after
the last command:-
allow a user to select a un pretermined range for deletion (could be any
number of coumns and rows) and for the macro to delete that range and either
restart the macro to continue with it's next command or alternatively to stop
via perhaps a message box instruction for the user .

--
hopalong

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

range for deletion

Be careful when using the word "delete". Strictly speaking, it means
to remove the range from the worksheet and shifting the appropriate
rows and columns upwards and to the left. If you merely want to remove
the content of the cells, use the term "clear".

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP 1998 - 2010
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC