Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sol Sol is offline

Default Generate a value from user selection in list box.

I have created a dropdown list box that allows the user to select only one of
the items contained in it. How do I generate a corresponding value in
another cell that depends on the user selection in the list box?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is it a Data Validation drop-down?

If so, maybe the info at Debra Daleish's site can help.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 09:51:02 -0700, Sol wrote:

I have created a dropdown list box that allows the user to select only one of
the items contained in it. How do I generate a corresponding value in
another cell that depends on the user selection in the list box?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Gord read your question as looking for *another list* to be the result of a
choice from the first list.

If you're just looking for a *single* data value to be the result of a
choice from that first list, then try this link from the same web site, but
from a different page on Vlookup, where you'll need to set up a datalist to
contain your choices:

HTH,

RD