Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default VBA Code User Range Selection

Hi,

Like this

Set DeleteRange = Application.InputBox(prompt:="Select a range of cells",
Type:=8)
DeleteRange.ClearContents

Mike

"jimbo" wrote:

Mike hi thanks for replying. Your suggestion works fine up to displaying a
message box and allows the user to select the range. However if the user
selects OK in the message box is does not delete the selected range. Can you
help further?

Many thanks
--
hopalong

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Try this, when the input box pops up simply drag to select a range

Set deleterange = Application.InputBox(prompt:="Select a range of cells",
Type:=8)

Mike

"jimbo" wrote:

I have a current VBA and I would like to extend it to do the following after
the last command:-
allow a user to select a un pretermined range for deletion (could be any
number of coumns and rows) and for the macro to delete that range and either
restart the macro to continue with it's next command or alternatively to stop
via perhaps a message box instruction for the user .

--
hopalong