Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Displaying a result based on user selection

I need to display a result based on what a user selects from a list of options.

Example:

Selection A - Make of car
Mazda
Ford
GMC
Porshe
Toyota

Selection B - Number of Doors
2
4
5

Result possibilities:
If the user selects Ford and 2 door then the result would come up with an
F-150.
If the user selects Mazda and 5 door then the result would come up with a
Mazda 3.
etc.

How do I do this. I can create drop down lists and list boxes, or control
boxes to show the Selection A & B however I don't know how to get it to
display the results based on the selection.

Thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See Debra Dalgeish's site for instructions for creating dependent DV lists.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 09:16:02 -0700, Emma
wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Or maybe a combination of two dependent lists and a VLOOKUP formula?

See also Debra's site for VLOOKUP

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html

Gord

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JCS JCS is offline

Hi Emma,

I think what you will need to do here is a Double Lookup. Follow the
following link to Chip Pearson's web page. He gives a great example of a
double lookup.

http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/TablesAndLookups.aspx

Please press Yes if this helped you.

John