Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to lock cell and worksheet?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to lock cell and worksheet?
With a worksheet, it contains only a chart, and I would like to lock all
cells and this worksheet, so nothing can be added into any cell and fix the
position for this chart.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To lock all the cells in a Worksheet in EXCEL 2007 take the following action:-

1. Hit Ctrl-1 to launch Format Cells.

2. Protection tab.

3. Remove the green tick from the box called:-

Locked

- then hit OK.

4. Highlight all the cells in your Worksheet by clicking in the box to the
left of A and above 1 in the top left hand corner.

This should cause your Worksheet to become highlighted.

5. Ctrl-1 to launch Format Cells once more.

6. Protection tab.

7. Place a green tick from the box called:-

Locked

- then hit OK.

8. Home / Cells group / Format / Protect Sheet / place a password in the box
called:-

Password to unprotect sheet

(I have used password called test).

At this point there are 3 cells on this window that should have a green tick
in them. They a-

Protect worksheet and contents of locked cells

Select locked cells

Select unlocked cells

After you have entered your password hit OK and then put the password in
again in the box called:-

Reenter password to proceed.

- and then hit OK.

Save the file at this point if required.

9. Close and re-open the file.

Now try to amend any of the cells in the Worksheet and you will not be able
to.

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks!

(I have just run the above procedure and looks OK to me. Let me know if any
probs).

"Eric" wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to lock cell and worksheet?
With a worksheet, it contains only a chart, and I would like to lock all
cells and this worksheet, so nothing can be added into any cell and fix the
position for this chart.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank everyone very much for suggestions
Could you please provide more information on step 8?

What is Home / Cells group / ....
Thank you very much for any suggestions
Eric