Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Suggest Read only

I have an older doc (xls format) that offers me the message "nameof doc.xls
should be opened as read-only unless you need to save changes to it. Open as
read-only?" YES NO CANCEL
We use this feature as only a few staff actually change the document and
many use it for reference.
When I save the Document as an xlsx document, I can't find how to apply this
feature.

Any Ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

After you have clicked save as, click the button on the lower left that says
tools, then select general options and select "read only recommended"

Peo Sjoblom

"Suggest Read Only" <Suggest Read wrote in
message ...