Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tom tom is offline

Default Refreshing Lists

Hi,
I have 26 different lists on one sheet. On a second sheet, I have a cell
that is displaying these lists depending on a value that the user chooses.
(i.e., the user types 'computers' in A1. Cell A2 reads 'computers' and
displays the computers dropdown list that is listed on the second sheet.)
<FYI, I am using the =indirect(a1) function in the validation list box.

Question is, say the user changes from computers to books. Without clicking
on the dropdown box, the list for 'computers' is still displayed, even though
A1 now displays 'books'. Is there any way to fix this? I don't want users
getting confused when the list doesn't change for them.

Thanks in advance.