Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default sorting cells

when I try to sort a spreadsheet by certain columns, why does it mix
everything up?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"mix everything up" is not very informative. More information, please: What
columns are in your data range? By what columns are you sorting? What is the
result you get?
-TedMi

"Help with cell function"
wrote in message ...
when I try to sort a spreadsheet by certain columns, why does it mix
everything up?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Be careful when you highlight the data that you want to sort: make sure that
you have included all the required rows and columns.

It might be that you are not including everything and this is why things are
becoming mixed up.

If you highlight all of the required data I always find it works for me 100%
of the time.

"Help with cell function" wrote:

when I try to sort a spreadsheet by certain columns, why does it mix
everything up?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you have empty rows or columns, that can mess up a sort. Better
spreadsheet design is no empty columns or rows -- use column width and row
height to adjust spacing.

Regards,
Fred

"Help with cell function"
wrote in message ...
when I try to sort a spreadsheet by certain columns, why does it mix
everything up?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just came across the article that may help / be of assistance:-

http://www.pcw.co.uk/personal-comput...preadsheets-q5

Thanks