Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default 2007 Compatibility Pack -- Save As context menu

We're still running Office XP on our Citrix farm with the 2007 compatibility
pack installed. We're having a problem with users using the Explorer context
menu "Save As" command which creates new upconverted files. We have
specially built (macros, code, etc.) Excel files that won't work if their
converted.

We want to remove the "Save As" option from the context menu. Does anybody
know how to do this? I've done a lot of searching on this and I haven't had
any luck so far.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

After a lot of playing around I finally found the answer.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\MOC

There's an entry called "04" that handles the Save As command, I renamed it
and now we still see the Save As option on the menu but when you click it
nothing happens.