Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tj tj is offline

Default Line Chart from office 2003.xls not formatted properly in 2007

I have a reporting tool that creates Office 2003 formatted .xls files that
contain line charts. If I open them in Office 2003 they look fine. If I
open them in Office 2007 they are not formatted properly. I can alter the
chart by changing the chart type to the default line chart and then
formatting the axis. but I don't want to do this for every report that is
created by my reporting tool.

Is there a way to setup 2007 to honor a 2003 style chart?