Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default not receiving notifying e-mails

Hi All,

I don't receive notifying e-mails. I changed my notifying address to
eliminate errors at my side, but it didn't solve the problem. I know that
this is not an Excel problem, but I couldn't find any contact to this forum's
support staff.

Can anybody help me?

--
Regards!
Stefi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Stefi,
Me either, I it started like 2 month ago, I couldn't find any solution, so I
try to keep the post opens until it is answered

"Stefi" wrote:

Hi All,

I don't receive notifying e-mails. I changed my notifying address to
eliminate errors at my side, but it didn't solve the problem. I know that
this is not an Excel problem, but I couldn't find any contact to this forum's
support staff.

Can anybody help me?

--
Regards!
Stefi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, Eduardo, you've set me at ease by confirming that the problem is at
Microsoft's side. How can't they notice such a serious problem for two
months! Are they sleeping?

--
Regards!
Stefi

Eduardo ezt *rta:

"Stefi" wrote:

Hi All,

I don't receive notifying e-mails. I changed my notifying address to
eliminate errors at my side, but it didn't solve the problem. I know that
this is not an Excel problem, but I couldn't find any contact to this forum's
support staff.

Can anybody help me?

--
Regards!
Stefi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't receive mine either, but if you click on the little icon in the top
right hand corner to "edit my profile" a list of your notifications will be
listed at the bottom.

-Brigette

"Stefi" wrote:

Hi All,

I don't receive notifying e-mails. I changed my notifying address to
eliminate errors at my side, but it didn't solve the problem. I know that
this is not an Excel problem, but I couldn't find any contact to this forum's
support staff.

Can anybody help me?

--
Regards!
Stefi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi all,

Me too experienced this problem before a month ago, what I have done is I
have created a mail account in Gmail and added it in my secondary mail id.
After doing that I have logged in my gmail account and opened the google
groups web page and searched for
microsoft . public . excel . misc
http://groups.google.co.in/group/mic...el.misc/topics

and joined as a subscribed member. Like this I have added the remaining
groups (i.e.) worksheet functions & New Users and so on...

For viewing your notification messages just open your gmail and in the top
you can see More option click on it you will see groups and clikc the groups.
You can view it in the below URL
http://imgur.com/jS8Ic.jpg

After clicking it the groups page will load and the same can be viewed in
the below URL
http://imgur.com/Miu1c.jpg

Nowadays I am reading the notification messages in this procedure only.

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"Stefi" wrote:

Hi All,

I don't receive notifying e-mails. I changed my notifying address to
eliminate errors at my side, but it didn't solve the problem. I know that
this is not an Excel problem, but I couldn't find any contact to this forum's
support staff.

Can anybody help me?

--
Regards!
Stefi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks to all of you for the suggestions, I'm ging to try them. Nevertheless
it's shame on Microsoft fo not being able to solve such a not very
sophiticated problem for so long time.

--
Regards!
Stefi

Stefi ezt *rta:

Hi All,

I don't receive notifying e-mails. I changed my notifying address to
eliminate errors at my side, but it didn't solve the problem. I know that
this is not an Excel problem, but I couldn't find any contact to this forum's
support staff.

Can anybody help me?

--
Regards!
Stefi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Bob,

Could you explain me how does a newsreader overcome this problem! I never
used newsreaders, could you put me on the right path to begin?

--
Regards!
Stefi

Bob I ezt *rta:

Stefi wrote:

Hi All,

I don't receive notifying e-mails. I changed my notifying address to
eliminate errors at my side, but it didn't solve the problem. I know that
this is not an Excel problem, but I couldn't find any contact to this forum's
support staff.

Can anybody help me?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You may track your own thread without "waiting" for an e-mail.
Up until Windows 7 you have a news reader installed on Windows (Outlook
Express)
What happens if you double-click the link below

Stefi wrote:

Hi Bob,

Could you explain me how does a newsreader overcome this problem! I never
used newsreaders, could you put me on the right path to begin?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I found several useful links on that page, tried to follow Don Guillet's
instructions to customize Outlook Express but failed at giving NNTP. How can
I know that?

--
Regards!
Stefi

Bob I ezt *rta:

Stefi wrote:

Hi Bob,

Could you explain me how does a newsreader overcome this problem! I never
used newsreaders, could you put me on the right path to begin?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi, I followed your suggestions and succeeded in creating groups like swown
on http://imgur.com/Miu1c.jpg except the bottom left part of the screen where
my notifying messages should appear. When clicking on the group all messages
of that group appear in a new window.

What did I misss?

--
Regards!
Stefi

Ms-Exl-Learner ezt *rta:

"Stefi" wrote:

Hi All,

I don't receive notifying e-mails. I changed my notifying address to
eliminate errors at my side, but it didn't solve the problem. I know that
this is not an Excel problem, but I couldn't find any contact to this forum's
support staff.

Can anybody help me?

--
Regards!
Stefi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In the below link I have stored the notification message screen shot which I
have received for your reply in my google group web page. Have a look at it
and I have marked the notification area with a box for your easy reference.

http://imgur.com/ASFb1.jpg

For your information you can login and post your replies / queries using
Ms-Discussion Groups using your MSN or Live ID, the notification messages
will be automatically getting reflected in your Secondary Mail Id that is
Google Group which is shown in the above link.

Nowadays I am checking the notification messages in my google groups main
page and open the Ms-Discussion forum and track the message using the date
and time mentioned in the message and login in Ms-Discussion using my live id
and post my reply.

Now also I logged in my gmail account and saw your reply message in Google
groups main page and I have tracked the message in Ms-Discussion forum and
posting my reply using my live id. Before that I used to receive the
notification mail in my live mail itself but its stopped working before 2
and half months. So nowadays I am pushed to do double work to see the
notification messages (Like opening gmail and MS-Discussion Forum)

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"Stefi" wrote:

Hi All,

I don't receive notifying e-mails. I changed my notifying address to
eliminate errors at my side, but it didn't solve the problem. I know that
this is not an Excel problem, but I couldn't find any contact to this forum's
support staff.

Can anybody help me?

--
Regards!
Stefi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation, I'm going to follow it, it
takes some time but I'll report the result.
--
Regards!
Stefi

Ms-Exl-Learner ezt *rta:

"Stefi" wrote:

Hi All,

I don't receive notifying e-mails. I changed my notifying address to
eliminate errors at my side, but it didn't solve the problem. I know that
this is not an Excel problem, but I couldn't find any contact to this forum's
support staff.

Can anybody help me?

--
Regards!
Stefi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Youre Welcome and I would like to let you know the features, which is
available in google groups. Click the below link you will be asked to enter
the email id of the author to lookup.
http://groups.google.co.in/groups/profile?myprofile

For example: copy and paste my gmail id and click Lookup author.
(You can see my gmail id by clicking my display name Ms-Exl-Learner, which
will open a popup window and show my gmail id)

Now you will be seeing all of my posts and you can click show all to see all
of my messages posted in this Discussion Or if you want to see the posts
which I have posted in the month of December you can see below a heading
named as Post Activity click on that desired Month to see the posts. The
reason for conveying this message is - like this you can also give your gmail
mail id in the Lookup Author to see your post activity.

In other way if you have already logged into your gmail account and if, you
want to see your post activity then do like this.
Step1:-
Click on the Groups
http://imgur.com/jS8Ic.jpg
After that you will get a window and the same is available in the below link
and I have given my instruction in the image itself with a Green Color box
for easy reference.
Step2:-
http://imgur.com/H0TfG.jpg
After clicking the link you will see your post activity detail, which is
described above.

The another advantage is that you can mark your favorite messages with a
STAR which is described in the below links with images
Step1:-
http://imgur.com/tObmz.jpg
Step2:-
http://imgur.com/E6QXV.jpg
Step3:-
http://imgur.com/RM8F0.jpg

I have learned all the above by practice and I have spent more than a month
for learning all of it, since I am not aware of the above options and their
utilities. So I dont want you to spend a month to learn all the above.

Hope this will help you

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"Stefi" wrote:

Hi All,

I don't receive notifying e-mails. I changed my notifying address to
eliminate errors at my side, but it didn't solve the problem. I know that
this is not an Excel problem, but I couldn't find any contact to this forum's
support staff.

Can anybody help me?

--
Regards!
Stefi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation and efforts to save my time.

I follow your instructions and reached the point to see your all posts but
there is some problem with posts by month:
I see these numbers on the screen
szept. okt. nov. dec.
67 70 102 44

Clicking on Sep's 67 returns 17 hits
on Okt' 70 returns none
on Nov's 102 returns 17 hits
on Dec' 44 returns none

What do these numbers really mean?

I go on with studying your post.

--
Regards!
Stefi

Ms-Exl-Learner ezt *rta:

"Stefi" wrote:

Hi All,

I don't receive notifying e-mails. I changed my notifying address to
eliminate errors at my side, but it didn't solve the problem. I know that
this is not an Excel problem, but I couldn't find any contact to this forum's
support staff.

Can anybody help me?

--
Regards!
Stefi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've succeeded in almost everything you wrote, the only difference is that
Favorites window is displayed for me in a separate full size window and not
so nicely positioned at the bottom left part of the main window like in your
example screen shot. What did I missed?

--
Regards!
Stefi