Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default date conditional formatting

Thank you Frank for your brilliance.
Thank you tjtjjtjt for the question. Exactly what I needed to know.
lolan7

"tjtjjtjt" wrote:

Thanks, Frank. I'd found WEEKDAY, but I had no clue on how to set it up in the Conditional Formatting Box.

tj

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
try the following:
- select cells A2:A165
- goto the conditional format dialog
- enter the following formula
=WEEKDAY(A2,2)=6
- choose a format

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"tjtjjtjt" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have consecutive dates arranged in A2:A165.
What I would like to do is Conditionally Format only weekend dates to

shade yellow. Can this be done? I suspect there is an 'Is Formula'
solution out there, but I haven't been able to do it yet. Any help
would be appreciated.

tj