Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Humpy

Default Conditional Formatting Date

Can you help!

I have set up an Excel spreadsheet as follows:

A B C D
E F
1 DATE NAME INVOICE AMOUNT TERM DUE
DATE

2
=SUM(A2+E2)

3

4

5

Is there a formula I can use so that cell F2 turns red once we've
passed the due date.

--
Humpy
Humpy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31895

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max

Is there a formula I can use so that cell F2 turns red once we've
passed the due date.

Presume col F = due dates and we have in F2: =A2+E2,
F2 copied down to say, F10
(your : =SUM(A2+E2) can simplified to: =A2+E2)

To apply the cond format to the range F2:F10:

Select F2:F10 (F2 active)
Click Format Conditional Formatting
Under Condition 1, make the settings as:
Formula is: =AND(F2<"",F2<TODAY())
Click Format button Patterns tab Red Font tab bold/white OK
Click OK at the main dialog

--
Max
Singapore

Can you help!

I have set up an Excel spreadsheet as follows:

A B C D
E F
1 DATE NAME INVOICE AMOUNT TERM DUE
DATE

2
=SUM(A2+E2)

3

4

5

Is there a formula I can use so that cell F2 turns red once we've
passed the due date.

--
Humpy
Humpy's Profile: