Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Art Art is offline

Default Grouping

I have a large worksheet that I have sorted by Employee.
It looks something like this, though the actual sheet has more columns:

Company Employee
Intel Adam
Xerox Adam
Microsoft Bob
SAP Cathy
Univac Cathy
Ata Cathy
Intel Denise

I want to group by Employee, so that I see a list like this:

Adam
Bob
Cathy
Denise

I tried a Table but cannot find a way to group. I probably need an outline,
but I have not been successful in setting that up.

Thank you

--
Art
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you actually need an outline so that you can expand for each employee or
do you just want a unique list of names? If you want a unique list of names
you can use an Advanced Filter and click the Unique Records Only box, use the
facility to copy the list to another location to place your unique items list
in another part of the spreadsheet.

If you do want an outline then it might be better having the employee names
in the first column to start with.

Andrea Jones