Rachana

Default Grouping

I have several columns in a spreadsheet and the spreadsheet ahs to be Group
by One column and Sort by Another one. I can use Data Sort option and sort
the whole spread sheet with respect to particular column but I cannot group
it.

Grouping means all the data with similar values should be together.
If there are 5 rows with values like 33, 44, 33, 44, 22 then the both the
rows of 33 should be together and 44 should be together too.
Debra Dalgleish

What do you want to do with the spreadsheet when it's grouped? If you
want totals for each value, you could use the DataSubtotals feature, or
DataPivotTable and PivotChart Report, to group and summarize the data.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List