Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default looking up data in another worksheet

Is there any way to lookup values from another worksheet. The lookup array
is not sorted. I have tried offset and match but they did not work when the
other workbook is closed. Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Debra Dalgleish has lots of notes:
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html (for =vlookup())
and
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html (for =index(match()))
and
http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html#Trouble

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Many Excel functions do not work if the linked workbook is closed.

Open it.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP